People have used bath salts since ancient times mostly because they possess healing powers.
These salts can relieve you from stress primarily and then treat various problems including skin problems. The most popular salts are Himalayan and Epsom bath salts.
If you combine them, their healing properties increase and they can really do wonders for you. Epsom contains a compound which appears like salt and is known to contain high levels of magnesium and sulfate.
Both of these compounds can have a detoxifying effect on our body as they help the process of toxin removal as soon as you submerge yourself into this kind of a relaxing bath.
Magnesium and sulfate are minerals which aren’t easily absorbed by our body through nutrition. A salt bath is just what you need to absorb them fast and easily!
We need magnesium as it is very important for numerous key bodily processes. Unfortunately, there are many people with a magnesium deficiency. Calcium is known to cause a kind of inflammation when it builds up in the organism and this inflammation can be stopped with the help of increased levels of magnesium.
Himalayan salt belongs to the group of extremely pure minerals. It’s very popular and very cheap. In case you buy large crystals, first soak them for a while, for example, overnight so that they can dissolve into your bath properly.
Himalayan salt is extracted from deep inside the earth. It is abundant in various essential nutrients and minerals that can’t be supplied only by nutrition.
Here are some of the best known benefits of salt baths:
- draws toxins from the skin
- the antiseptic qualities help in various skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
- is absorbed through the whole body at once and at the same time, it leaves you energized and refreshed
- relaxed the muscles and eases joint pain
- restores the pH balance in your body
- helps premenstrual symptoms along with headaches and muscle pain
- increases your blood flow so that you can have a better circulation
- helps insect bite pain and sunburn
If you want to create the perfect salt bath you should put 2 cups for a regular sized bath. If you’re using Epsom salt, this is what Dr. David Jockers in ‘The Truth About Cancer’ say:
- Children under 60 lbs should use ½ a cup
- People between 60-100 lbs should use 1 cup
- People between 100-150 lbs should use 1½ cups
- People between 150-200 lbs should use 2 cups
- For every 50 lbs more, add plus ½ a cup of salts
If you want to have the best experience, you should combine Himalayan and Epsom salt together.
In case you have some open wounds or you’re pregnant, consult your doctor before you decide on using this detoxification form.
Article and image source: livetheorganicdream.com