Although the gland is of vital importance for our health, we rarely pay much attention to the health of our thyroid. In fact, we’re clearly harming it by consuming certain foods and using some products that impair its function and disrupt numerous important body processes that it regulates. Soy milk is one example – although recommended by many nutritionists, it can certainly destroy our thyroid. Even by knowing this, millions of Americans drink the milk every day, which leads to the deterioration of our thyroid health.
Here’s why you need to stay away from soy milk:
- Soybeans are rich in a compound known as hemagglutinin, a compound which can result in clumped blood cells and blood clots;
- Soy milk contains phytoestrogens that can harm our endocrine system and raise the risk of serious ailments;
- Soy is often full of aluminum which is absolutely detrimental for our nervous system and kidneys. Some experts have been linking aluminum with Alzheimer’s disease;
- Soybeans contain the so-called anti-nutrients which are actually toxins that can interfere with numerous body functions;
- Soy products are usually produced at high temperatures which increases the risk of releasing harmful compounds. Consuming them regularly can harm your mental and physical health;
- According to studies, consuming soy products can often lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which can be crippling;
- Soy milk contains isoflavones such as genistein and daidzein which have been linked with a number of breast cancer cases;
- Soy products are full of phytic acid which can harm the copper, iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium absorption.
According to recent studies done on animals, soy milk contains a lot of carrageenan, a dangerous substance that can cause ulcers, lesions, raise inflammation in the gut and may even accelerate the development of colon cancer. Another research has found that soy milk can cause insulin resistance and increase your chances of diabetes, so maybe it’s best to stay away from it.
Article and image source: http://dailyhealthkeeper.com