When this fruit was brought on the market, recently, it was really a hit. This fruit looks like green unripe strawberry and is really healthy. It looks unique and tastes amazing.
This pineberry strawberry is also known like ananasrdbeere in Europe, German term for these fruits of course. They look like strawberries and taste like pineapple. The flesh is white and seeds are red.
This strawberry variety is the oldest known such and it is mix breed of Chile white strawberry Fragaria chiloensis and North America red strawberry. The result is mix called fragaria ananssa, base for many strawberry kinds.
These grow March to December but sadly they might get extinct.
The pineberry has many antioxidants and nutrients.
This is the chart for 2 oz:
- Energy – 577
- Alcohol – 22.7 g
- Calories -138
- Carbs – 0 g
- Sugar -0 g
- Fiber -0 g
- Cholesterol – 0 g
- Sodium – 0 g
- Fats – 0 g
Also, the health benefits:
- Better immunity – loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants for prevention to flu and viruses.
- Strong bones and teeth – due to the vitamin A, bones and teeth are healthier
- Heart health – they have potassium for the pressure and stopping heart failure, attacks, strokes and heart issues.
- Antioxidants – they move the bowels and give us fiber. Fibers regulate the cholesterol and stop heart issues. Also this makes you satiated and fuller.
- Boosted energy – they are high in carbs and level the weight while you get energy.
- For pregnant women – this fruit has folate and this is vital for good fetus developing and no birth deformities.
You can also grow this fruit at home and even buy the plant online.