Oregano tea is something that people use in various countries. They use it to treat various illnesses or diseases. It contains plenty of very important compounds like quercetin, rosmaric acid, eriocitrin, luteolin-7-O-glucoside, apigenin, luteolin and apigenin-7-O-glucoside.
Oregano is abundant in numerous phytonutrients considered to be antioxidants like thymol and rosmarinic acid. They can prevent the appearance of oxygen damage to your cells. Various studies show that oregano has an antioxidant effect on our body which is very strong. In fact, this effect is far stronger than 2 synthetic antioxidants added into processed foods regularly BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) and BHA (butylated bydroxyanisole).
One study on oregano tea found that it can decrease the levels of bad cholesterol in our body.
Oregano contains various compounds that can help you against carcinogenic cells. The phytochemical that enables this is called quercetin. It slows down the growth of cancer cells and promotes apoptosis.
Other laboratory research managed to prove that oregano tea can decrease the amount of cells infected with colon cancer in lab animals, but the study still hasn’t been tested nor confirmed on humans.
Oregano Tea Recipe to heal infections, sinusitis and strep throat
- 4-6 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 2 and ½ cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- Tea strainer
- The leaves should be chopped because only then you will be able to release their beneficial oils.
- The water should boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped leaves into the water and leave it to steep like that for 5 more minutes.
- After that, strain the mixture. Add some honey to taste.
- The tea should be taken hot as all of its best benefits can be ripen then.
Oregano tea uses:
- Allergies, fatigue, burns, bleeding;
- Flu, depression, warts, head lice and athlete’s foot;
- Fungus, parasites, constipation;
- Back pain, sprains, colds, ear infection, eczema;
- Swollen glands, headaches, bronchial problems, cough;
- E. coli, canker sores, gastrointestinal disorders / colitis, Lyme disease;
- Urinary problems, bloating, excess of gas, indigestion;
Try it for any health problem! It’s healthy, it’s natural and it’s cheap, without any side-effect!
Article and image source: alternativehealthuniverse.com