Many people who have dogs as pets allow them to lick their face, but did you know that this can kill you? Even though it sounds unbelievable, it’s true.
The dog won’t certainly harm you. The dog lick is actually a sign of affection by your furry friend.
But, the tongue of the dog is full of bacteria. The mouth of the dog isn’t cleaner than our human mouth. That’s a myth.
According to Marty Becker, who is a dog expert and author, if you observe and smell the mouth of the dog, you’ll see that it isn’t true.
They sniff everything, even garbage hands. We let them lick our cheek while they have probably licked their rear end previously.
According to another expert called John Oxford, a professor of bacteriology and virology at the Queen Mary University in London, it’s not only the tongue of the dog that’s full of bacteria.. Their muzzles are also full of viruses, bacteria and germs of different kinds.
Everything can be passed through the tongue of your dog, even some of the most dangerous diseases.
This is an infection which has appeared after a dog has licked its open wound.
This is considered to be among the easiest diseases that can be transferred from your dog by licking.
In case they have a ringworm bacteria around their mouth, you’ll get it, too.
When this infection is transferred to humans, it can cause various unsightly lesions.
Dogs carry this bacteria with them and it doesn’t affect their health much.
This is similar to MRSA and it isn’t very resistant to treatment.
You have to take good care of your health and try to avoid the dog licks. Your dog knows you love it. Remember these bacteria the following time your dog tries to lick your mouth or face!
Article and image source: https://goodthingstoknow.co