Nowadays, most of the illnesses and diseases are caused by some inflammation in our organism. The inflammation appears as a reaction to our immune system when there are bacteria and viruses present there.
Many people aren’t aware, but inflammation can be actually regulated by our diet. That’s why, today, we’re going to present you an incredibly natural anti-inflammatory remedy that will help you avoid any medicine and fill your organism with anti-inflammatory properties.
Homemade smoothie that fights inflammations
This is a smoothie that we can prepare with ingredients that are completely natural and can be bought anywhere. It can help you against leaky gut, but also inflammation!
- 1 frozen mango chopped into slices
- 1 and ½ cup of flax milk without sugar
- 8 nuts
- ½ a papaya chopped into slices
- ½ an inch of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ½ an inch of turmeric root
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- ½ a teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of L-glutamine powder (optional)
- Half a teaspoon of probiotic powder (optional)
Preparation and use:
All of the ingredients should be combined in a blender. You’d better grind all of the nuts and seeds previously, so that you don’t destroy your blender.
Blend everything well until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
Transfer the mixture in a glass and drink it! Add a little bit of ice if you want it to be cooler and fresher!
Benefits of the ingredients:
- Mango: This fruit is abundant in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties because of the compounds called isoquercitrin and quercetin. Other important components it contains are vitamin C and vitamin A, as well beta-carotene. It’s also amazing against damaged bowels.
- Papaya: This tropical fruit is abundant in papain and chymopapain. These two enzymes can help us digest proteins, possess anti-inflammatory properties and promote healthy healing. Papayas are also full of beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Ginger: Ginger possesses spicy flavor because it contains. This active compound acts as a natural anti-inflammatory. It can also help us decrease the risk of ovarian, prostate, colon and pancreatic cancer.
- Turmeric: This is a plant which originates from southwestern India. Its active ingredient is called curcumin and it gives the spice its amazing yellow color. Curcumin possesses antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-cancer and antioxidant agent.
- Cinnamon: This is an amazing spice which is very beneficial because it reduces our levels of cytokines. These molecules regulate inflammations in our body. It also possesses antiviral and natural antibacterial properties.
- Seeds and nuts: Chia seeds, flax seeds and nuts are abundant in omega-3 fatty acids which are amazing for fighting inflammations. If we intake them regularly, they can decrease the risk of the appearance of any chronic disease like cardiovascular disease or cancer, but it also has the ability to decrease the levels of bad cholesterol in our body also called LDL cholesterol.
Article and image source: https://www.homeremediescorner.com