Having a garden brings its own benefits. You can plant anything that seems good to you or easy to cultivate. This can be either vegetables or plants and herbs which are abundant in medicinal properties and you can prepare various natural remedies with them.
In this article, we’re going to discuss about several plants that can be used to prepare natural and antibacterial bandages!
A Natural Antibacterial Bandage
Stachys byzantina is the botanical name of Wooly Lamb’s Ear. This is a plant which has been used for numerous years to treat wounds in soldiers on battlefields. It has soft, but fuzzy leaves which absorb the blood and it clots more quickly than usually. The leaves of this plant also possess antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s an excellent material to prepare natural homemade bandages!
Other Medicinal Uses
This amazing plant can be used to treat various medicinal problems. Treat sties and pinkeye by preparing an infusion with several bruised leaves of this plant that you’ll put into simmering water. Cool down the infusion and put it on the area.
Prepare a tea with young and dried Wooly Lamb’s Ear leaves to treat sore mouth, diarrhea, fevers, internal bleeding, sore throat as well as problems with the heart and the liver.
Treat insect bites or bee stings by applying the bruised leaves of this plant. Make sure they release their juices. The swelling will be reduced immediately. You can also use them in treating postpartum recovery or hemorrhoids.
Still More Uses
As we already mentioned, the plant is soft and it’s very absorbent. The leaves can be used instead of cotton balls, toilet paper and menstrual pads!
You can also eat them! Prepare a salad or steam them like you prepare vegetables!
Are you growing Lamb’s Ear yet?
Make sure you plant this amazing plant in your garden if you don’t have it, yet. You can find the seeds in any local health store. It looks well when it grows freely, but you can also grow it in containers.
How To Grow Your Own Wooly Lamb’s Ear From Seeds?
This is our suggestion on how to grow this amazing plant:
1. Take Seed Starting Mix and put it in a well-draining container. You can also use a yogurt cup that will have holes in the bottom.
2. The soil should be wet. If you live in the city, make sure you use filtered water since the water in our homes is treated with various chemicals which can prevent plants from growing.
3. For a small container, use 1-2 seeds. If you’re using a larger pot, plant the seeds 6″ apart and make sure they’re buried 1/4″ deep.
4. The soil should be moist all the time. Until the seeds germinate, the containers with the seeds should be in a room without direct light. When you see the plants appearing, move them to an area that will have at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. You can also use a grow light. Prevent the soil from drying out by using a shallow tray of water.
5. When you see at least 3 sets of leaves on your plants, transplant them to a place in your yard that will be semi-shady. Make sure they are 12″ apart. If there are planted in good soil, they will multiply very fast.
This amazing medicinal plant is amazing to have at home. So, try to plant it if you haven’t had it until now!
Article and image source: realfarmacy.com