More than 40.000 US citizens get root canals every day but this seemingly harmless procedure can actually have detrimental effects on your health and lead to bacterial infections with devastating consequences. And what’s even worse is that many dentists recommend this procedure without being aware of the health risks it brings.
About a century ago, Weston Price was the first to realize the dangers of root canals. He travelled across the globe and studied the dental habits of the native population, their diets and the bone structure and came across a startling discovery. He discovered that recurring root canal infections couldn’t be cured regardless of the different methods of treatment he applied.
One such patient of Dr. Price, a woman bound to move with a wheelchair as a result of arthritis, removed her root canal at the recommendation of Dr. Price. The root canal was healthy but still Dr. Price insisted in the removal. After the removal of the tooth, the woman recovered completely and was able to walk again.
Dr. Price decided to do an experiment and attached the extracted root-canaled tooth under the skin of a rabbit. The rabbit started developing arthritis and died as a result of an infection after just 10 days.
This led him to conclude that a root-canaled tooth couldn’t be sterilized under any circumstances. Furthermore, he discovered that root-canaled teeth are probably the main cause for a number of chronic disorders, including sixteen bacteria strains that contribute to the onset of most heart and circulatory diseases. These teeth also contribute to brain, nervous system and joint disorders.
Dr. Price even wrote two books on the subject in 1922, but his advices were still ignored. To this day, one century later, this procedure is still conducted.
Most dentists today don’t fully understand the anatomy of teeth
Teeth are actually composed of the hardest substance in our body. The middle part of the tooth has a soft structure with blood vessels and nerves running through. Ligaments connected to our jawbone is what keeps our tooth’s roots in place. Furthermore, the teeth are composed of a complex network of micro-canals which can easily become a perfect breeding ground for bacteria after a root canal procedure.
That’s why root canals are actually the underlying cause of a number of chronic diseases. And if you thought that sterilization can fix the issue you’re mistaken because it can’t always reach to all the tiny micro canals in the teeth, making every root canal tooth prone to bacterial infections. The bacteria can even reach the jaw bone and create cavitations, aggravating the situation even more.
Moreover, the Weston Price Foundation adds that just 2 out of 5 000 surgical cavitation cleanings were treated.
Root canals can be linked to kidney, brain, heart and bone diseases. If your immune system is strong enough you might be able to deal with these infections but if you’re ill or weak, the bacteria may leak into your bloodstream and start infecting it as well. And the bloodstream will then transport these bacteria all over your body, to every tissue and every cell, wreaking havoc in your organism.
Numerous chronic degenerative disorders have been traced back to root canal procedures, including rheumatism, autoimmune disorders, arthritis, heart failure, kidney diseases and neurological disorders.
One Dr. Robert Jones found a link between root canals and breast cancer. In his study that lasted for 5 years, the doctor was able to conclude that 93% of the breast cancer patients that were involved in the study had a root canal. The remaining 7% had some other form of oral pathology and their tumors developed on the same part of the body as the dental procedure they underwent.
Why do dentists dismiss Dr. Price’s research and findings?
If all of the abovementioned is true, and there is ample evidence to support it, why do doctors deny the truth? Why do they harm their patients deliberately?
Well, root canals are one of the most profitable procedure in dentistry and they make up most of the profits of the majority of dentists in the US. They don’t want to give up on their profits so they continue doing the procedure, hoping for the best.
However, there are a number of other alternative, safer ones, to root canals. You can choose from the most expensive one, an implant, to the cheapest one, a partial denture. Your best option is a bridge, it’s not as expensive as implants, but it’s a permanent option that will resolve your dental problem.
If you have a root canaled tooth your best option is to have it removed, especially if it’s infected. Your best option for this procedure is to see a biological dentist because they are highly trained in the methods of tooth extraction.
Article and image source: http://dailyhealthkeeper.com/