Apple is a very popular fruit which is abundant in health benefits. It possesses diuretic properties, enables us a healthy hydration, helps us decrease the bad (LDL) cholesterol in our blood, we manage to fight constipation etc.
But, according to recent research, apple peel is also very beneficial, especially when it comes to fighting hypertension.
Benefits of apple peel
Hypertension is considered to be a silent disease. It attacks more and more people nowadays because of stress, poor diet and smoking. Some of the most common symptoms are vomiting, nausea, severe headaches, nosebleeds, vision changes, confusion etc.
In case you have one or more symptoms, visit your doctor for a diagnosis or a treatment. Still, you’d better find a natural solution. Apples are definitely one of those.
Apple possesses the ability to decrease the arterial pressure because it contains flavonoids, like quercetin, mostly present in its shell. Apple peel can help you regulate the hormones connected to your blood pressure and that improves the functioning of your circulatory system. It also prevents the vasoconstriction which can attack your blood vessels.
Other natural ingredients that can help you against hypertension include apple skin extract, milk, cocoa and green tea.
Here are also some other benefits that you can obtain from consuming apple peel:
- It is full of cysteine so it will detoxify your liver.
- It will help you decrease the levels of bad cholesterol in your blood.
- It is full of pectin so it will help you prevent hyperglycemia.
- It is full of vitamin B12 so it will help you against insomnia.
- It helps you reduce fever.
- It helps you fight constipation and diarrhea.
- It stimulates the production of gastric juices so it’s amazing against ulcers and gastritis.
- It is full of phosphorus so it’s amazing against memory problems.
Apple is an amazing ingredient since you can obtain it anytime and anywhere, but you can also include it in any type of food. It’s very cheap. Consume it roasted or raw, in juices, salads, alone or in a puree. Apple can’t cause the appearance of any side-effect! Use it as much as you want to!
Article and image source: https://naturalcarebox.com