The black healing salve we’re about to present you today has been used by the Amish people for numerous years. They use it to treat various skin problems. These days, the salve has become extremely popular in the whole world. People use it to eliminate toxins and clean their skin.
Many natural ingredients are used to prepare it: essential oils, activated charcoal or tar and wax. Activated charcoal is extremely powerful. It is used against smaller skin problems. It has the ability to make your skin heal much faster.
Health Benefits of Black Healing Salve
The black salve is an ointment that will help you against burns, rashes as well as other skin problems. People also use it to remove wooden or metal splinters from their skin.
It will also help you against boils or skin tags because it will draw the pus towards the surface of the skin and in that way, it will make the healing faster. You can also use it to remove thorns or glass shards, as well as against cystic acne and spider bites.
There are also people who use it to treat ingrown toenails, as well as to treat the negative effects of poison ivy or oak.
Black Salve As An Assistant Against Skin Cancer
This treatment hasn’t been scientifically proven to help, but it can actually assist in the treatment. It contains natural topical pastes as well as corrosive agents called escharotics.
One of the main ingredients is bloodroot. It is a recommended treatment of basal and squamous skin cell carcinoma. Still, as we have already said, it isn’t scientifically proved that it can treat neither of these issues.
Homemade Black Healing Salve Recipe
- ½ a cup of coconut oil (It is full of antibacterial, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties)
- 3 teaspoons of bentonite clay (It makes the remedy non-greasy)
- ½ a cup of castor oil (It is full of amazing anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties which decrease the appearance of acne)
- 3 teaspoons of activated charcoal (It will remove any foreign body or toxin from your skin, but also decrease the stinging sensation which poison ivy or insect bites cause)
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax (It binds the ingredients and improves the complete texture of the remedy)
- 10 drops of calendula oil (It is full of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and moisturizing properties which can heal your skin faster)
Put the bentonite clay, activated charcoal and essential oils in a bigger bowl. Combine them well.
Then, melt the wax. Use a double boiler and combine the melted wax with the calendula oil. In case you don’t own a double boiler, you can put a glass bowl on a pot with hot water. The results will be the same.
After that, you can mix the prepared wax with the other ingredients. Put it in a glass jar and leave it to cool down.
Keep the remedy in an air-tight glass jar. Only that will help you preserve the healing properties of all of the ingredients. Keep it out of direct sunlight. You can use it for several weeks.
Don’t confuse this black salve with the one that contains zinc and bloodroot. They are not the same.
Article and image source: http://dailyhealthkeeper.com