Have you ever heard of golden berries? The Peruvian groundcherry (also known as golden berries) is a plant native to Peru and South America that has been cultivated around the world since the 18th century. The fruit of the plant has a pleasant taste, and according to studies, it offers numerous health benefits.
The golden berries are small and round in shape and have an excellent taste. They are usually consumed as a snack, and can also be added to fruit salads, pastries, cookies, cakes and homemade sweets.
Health benefits of golden berries
- The berries can significantly boost your digestion and metabolism and promote weight loss;
- Consuming the berries regularly will clean your blood of toxins;
- The berries can lower your cholesterol levels and protect your cardiovascular system;
- Golden berries are a natural diuretic that can prevent fluid retention in the kidneys;
- The berries are rich in vitamins A, B and C as well as a variety of essential minerals;
- The berries are often consumed by athletes as they can easily boost our energy levels.
As you can see, these delicious berries can significantly improve our overall health. Eat a handful of them every day and you should feel much better soon!
Article and image source: http://organicfoodmedicine.com