A detox involves cleansing out your blood from all the impurities, toxins and waste that’s been accumulating in your liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and intestines. All of these organs are in charge of body detox and perform it on a daily basis but as long as their function isn’t jeopardized. When their function is obstructed, the toxins start accumulating in your body and you need to do something to help the detox process.
The Amazing Detox Process in Our Body
There are 5 organs that are involved in the detoxification process which helps eliminate the toxic waste from our body, the kidneys, liver, lungs, intestines and our skin and these organs are known as emunctories. Waste can be created by our body or accumulated from the outside and this system of organs is in charge of getting rid of both types of waste.
The process starts with the liver which filters the waste from our blood and sends it out for removal, performed in one of the following ways:
- Sweating – through the skin
- Urine – through the bladder and the kidneys
- Gaseous waste – through your lungs
- Solid waste – through your intestines
So our body has all that it needs to perform the detox so why are there so many people suffering from toxic overload? Well, because we flood our body with so much toxins that these organs simply can’t keep up and perform its function properly. In such cases, our body needs some help to do its job and keep us healthy.
Here’s how we overload our detox system:
- The personal hygiene product we use are loaded with chemicals and toxins and they’re in every shampoo, cream, lotion and make up item we use on an everyday basis.
- The environment is polluted and we’re constantly exposed to these environmental pollutants, both in our home and outside.
- The food we eat is loaded with processed sugars, trans-fats and unhealthy ingredients and on top of that all we drink excessive amounts of alcohol, caffeine and smoke too much, which all puts a load on our detox system.
4 Major Symptoms Which Indicate Our Body Suffers Toxic Stress
The following symptoms are indicative of toxic stress:
Manifested through constipation, smelly stool, diarrhea, gasses, bloating and bad breath.
Manifested through rashes, eczema, boils, rashes and acne.
Manifested through difficulties losing weight, muscle stiffness, headaches, joint pain, gout, chronic fatigue.
Autoimmune responses and allergic reactions
Manifested through sinus infections, excess mucus, watery eyes, dark circles, congestion, postnasal drip, watery eyes.
Here’s how to help your body detox on its own:
- Eat healthier and eliminate processed foods from your diet
- Start every morning with a glass of warm lemon water
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly.
- Perform short-term cleanses but under expert guidance.
- Avoid commercial cleaning product and use DIY natural ones.
- Eliminate personal care products that contain alcohol, parabens and SLS.
Article and image source: http://besthealthyguide.com