Some of the most common conditions which people have is definitely estrogen dominance. If you have, you have to know the symptoms and signs it shows so that you can help yourself.
In this article, we’re going to present you a very simple protocol that will help you balance your hormones, but first, here are the 10 most common symptoms estrogen dominance presents:
- Sluggish metabolism
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Trouble sleeping
- Bad PMS (headaches, mood swings, breast tenderness/swelling)
- Brain fog
- Low libido
- Weight gain (especially near the abs and hips)
- Hair loss
Follow these steps to create a healthy hormonal balance in your body:
Step 1: Eliminate Xenoestrogens
Xenoestrogen is a very common chemical. It’s one of those that we’re constantly being exposed to. It can mimic estrogen in our body, so we must avoid it.
These things should be avoided because they contain plenty of xenoestrogen:
- Non-organic dairy, produce
- Dryer sheets
- Plastic Tupperware
- Soy protein isolate
- Plastic water bottles
- Tap water
- BPA cans
- Birth control pill
- Cosmetics, toiletries and makeup
Step 2: Efficient Elimination
This is a very important step that will help you remove estrogen, but also stop it from ever entering in your bloodstream again. It’s very important that you don’t have chronic constipation. Your bowels need to move every day. These things can help you acquire that:
- Eat more foods that are rich in fiber Increase the intake of fiber-rich foods
- Take Triphala or a magnesium citrate supplement
- Drink 2-3 liters of water every day
- Consume more probiotics like tempeh, kefir, miso and yogurt regularly
- Eat vegetables with every meal!
Also, try doing these things more common and they will help you eliminate toxins and waste you’re your body:
- Breathe deeply because it helps you support the lungs
- Go to a sauna or exercise so that you can stimulate sweating
- Eliminate dead skin cells from your dry skin using a brush
- Massage your body so that you can support the lymph
Step 3: Improve Estrogen Detoxification and Liver Health
When your liver functions well, it can eliminate estrogen very effectively. During stage one, the liver turns the estrogen which is harmful into some weaker forms of estrogen. During stage two, the estrogen is converted into a water-soluble form. In that way, you’ll be able to eliminate it through your urine or stool.
If your body lacks nutrients, your liver won’t be able to perform its functions. That also happens if your body is full of alcohol, drugs or if you eat too much processed foods.
Here are some things that can help you have a better liver function:
- Avoid overeating;
- Drink lots of water that will be filtrated;
- Your diet should be based on whole-foods ;
- Do not drink alcohol;
- Make sure you intake more foods that promote liver health: dandelion greens, eggs, kale, dark leafy greens, onions, beets, shallots, garlic, artichoke, cabbage, leeks, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc.
- Take more B-vitamins, especially folic acid, B12 and B6. You should also take some formulas that will help you balance your hormones.
- They should contain: Indole-3-Carbinol, DIM, sulforaphane and Calcium-D-Glucarate;
- Take more plants and herbs that improve the function of the liver: burdock, rosemary, milk thistle, red clover, gentian, dandelion root, barberry, wild yam ginger, Oregon grape root, licorice.
Oregon grape root, licorice.
If you want to improve your complete organism, try a process of detoxification and supplying lots of energy. Those are usually detox programs which are very effective. They usually include medicinal herbs that use 100% USDA organic ingredients and are laxative-free, like for example, milk thistle seed, dandelion root, matcha (for more energy), yerba mate or passion flower and valerian root to lp you against those anxious thoughts as well as help you relax.
Article and image source: checkthesethings.com