We do not gain weight with just eating carbs and fats, but mostly with sugars.
If you eat sugar moderately, this is not risky, but if you eat sugar a lot, have sodas, juices, cereals, candy, salad dressings, you will gain weight.
Honey, organic juices, bananas, raisins, mangos all have sugar, but healthier. If you have sugar overdose, the body shows fatigue, depression, hyperactivity, yeasts, headaches, sinus issues, drowsiness, colds, mental dizziness. Also heart issues, cancer, diabetes, breast cancer and more.
Is weight gain linked to sugar?
When we ingest sugar, the body uses a lot of it to use it as some energy. The rest is stored as fat. Added sugar is not the same as natural sugar. This gets in gut and intestine bacteria and makes more blood sugar, in the end stored to hips, waist, thighs.
No to sugar
This is possible. If you are quitting, you might experience withdrawal like headaches, sadness, cravings, fatigue. This shows after a meal is eaten, and the body signals the brain it is not hungry. Now, you crave sugar.
Say no to added sugars and start with slow steps. Start slow, not cold turkey. Start by removing one sugar at a time. You will have cravings still an feel dizzy, but after a while you will be better.
The 3-day plan for detox
- For breakfast have cup oats, some berries, seeds, almonds, or 3 eggs boiled/scrambled. For snack have bowl of nuts. For lunch have chicken breast, cooked squash, beets, carrots, turnips, almonds, parsnip, beans. Dinner is broiled fish, green beans, or salmon and mushroom +broccoli.
- Start with steel cut oats, seeds, berries, almonds and 3 eggs if you prefer as before. For snack have small bowl nuts. Lunch is grill zucchini, red and yellow pepper, lemon, vinegar and thyme as dressing or salad with red and green cabbage, carrots, olive oil, salt, lemon and parsley. For dinner have soup with beans, cod and green veggies, veggie casserole. Also have baked cod and bok choy with roast Brussels sprouts and turnips.
- Start same as before or have omelet of 3 eggs, shrimps, sautéed kale, walnuts, radish salad. For snack have nuts, for lunch have roast chicken with rosemary, lemon and sage or roast chicken in oven with olives, thyme and onion. For dinner have mushrooms with garlic, onion, celery, broth, thyme, carrots, bay leaves or penne pasta of brown rice with tomato, basil, mushrooms.
Sugar detox beverages
Replace sodas with detox drinks to boost metabolism.
- Detox water: for this chop berries, grapefruit, strawberries, oranges and mint, rosemary, add them in jar of water and refrigerate.
- Tea: have green tea several times daily and with no sugar
- Coffee- no more than a cup black coffee daily with no sugar
This will keep cravings controlled and you can do it easy!
Article and image source: thehealthawareness.com